Sunday, September 6, 2015

♫♪ #SundaySounds: Shiraz Lane



Let me tell you all a little somethin' about a band called 
Shiraz Lane...


These young lads from are a phenomenal five-piece band from Finland, just waiting for you to fall in love with them.


I found out about this band because Santa Cruz announced that they were touring Finland with them. That tour has actually already started and will continue for weeks to come. Either the band's page or their bassist Joel posted one of their songs as a comment on the post, so of course being as curious as i am, i clicked on it.

it was the song "Mental Slavery"
The first thing I thought was "Wow, they sound a lot like Guns n' Roses!" Not exact, but very similar...and that's never a bad thing. The second thought I had was "Holy shit, this dude's voice is AMAZING." I probably have talked about his voice enough times that my friends know Hannes by name now. Besides the sound, what I love the most is the lyrical content. When you watch the video on YouTube, the lyrics are conveniently in the description. They're very real and very true, so I urge you not to just hear their music, but really listen to it.
Check this out if you like: Paradise City by Guns n' Roses

The next one I listened to was
"Out There Somewhere"
Another song I fell in love with the moment I heard it. There's a big contrast between Mental Slavery and this song, which is good because it shows their versatility. The similarity between the two songs are that they both have messages that I think everyone needs to hear. "You can't have a rainbow without a little rain!" This song is very happy and positive, I smile every time I hear it because it's so cute! If you have a crush on somebody, you'll probably think of them when you hear this song. If you don't have a crush on anybody, then you probably have a crush on everyone in Shiraz Lane now.
Check this out if you like: I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness

As I previously mentioned, they are on tour right now with Santa Cruz...but their story started way before then. The current line up of the band wasn't the original, their bassist Joel (who's also a photographer) is new. He posted on their Facebook page that one day "Four hippies came knocking on his door and wouldn't take no for an answer." And there he was!

Throughout his time in the band, they've made a lot of changes. It's pretty hard to find any of their previous music, so it's like they started over. Since then, they've done some pretty big things...they won a contest and preformed in Canada, they've already played in Japan, and recently played the legendary Wacken festival! I know you're sad that you missed at all, because I'm sad about the same thing...thankfully, the band documented their adventures and compiled them in their latest music video for "Story To Tell"
All I have to say about this song is that it's the musical equivalent of being hugged really tight. When you watch it, you can feel their happiness and you can't help but be proud to be a fan when you see thier accomplishments.

Look up Shiraz Lane on Social Media:


Thanks for tuning in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't just sit back in silence...SAY something!



being shy gets you nowhere in life.